Stop My Dog From Chew Everything

stop my dog from chew everything

It's really easy, so let's start. The chewing starts early and if you allow it as a puppy, it goes on into adulthood. In this article you will learn how to stop your dog from cewing everthing. Let's start with the puppies. Puppies chew and do it especially when they teething in the period of 4 to 5 months. If you have a puppy, it is much easier to eliminate chewing because you can eliminate it before it becomes a big problem and a bad habit.

Puppies chewing furniture and moldings on the walls seem to have plenty of free time where they are not under constant and direct supervision. So here is the solution and it's really easy. Limit where your puppy is allowed to be and do not allow him to be in two different places when he is in the house.

· In the box

· Before you

Now here's an added benefit. With this technique, you also have a dog trained to go to the bathroom. If your puppy is in the cage, he just can not chew on his furniture. The last element "in front of you" is really important.

Take the puppy's belt and attach it to your belt. Wherever you go, the puppy should accompany you. When he's with you, he can not be under the kitchen table chewing his legs.

If you follow these simple rules, you will find that your puppy never develops this unpleasant habit of chewing.

But what if you have an old man who chews everything? It was a dog that did not chew like a puppy and is now being used. I tell people, if you have a 10-month-old puppy to chew on, you have a 10-year-old dog to chew on, unless you correct it.

It really is not that hard. The steps are very similar to the previous steps and involve never leaving the dog unattended for a short time. If you follow these simple guidelines, your habit of chewing dogs should usually disappear after 4 to 6 weeks.

Here's a little secret that can give you extra help. There is a product called Grannicks Bitter Apple. You want the gel and not the spray. It can be difficult to find it in pet stores sometimes. However, it's easy to be online, search Google and find it for only $ 4.25 a bottle.

Just take a little gel and apply it on the hard surfaces where your dog chews. You will quickly learn to stay away because it tastes bad. When the chewing is over, just clean the gel.

Try these techniques, they are easy to implement and deliver fast results.

Ready to stop a dog for chewing? Then you are right here! You see, my dog, Walker, had chewing problems that cost me hundreds of dollars to replace furniture and other items. I hope your dog did not get that bad, but if he does, you have to learn to stop him!

In the end, however, I could prevent my dog ​​from chewing on my things, and I forced him to crush his own things. Here are some of the most important tips that have helped me. This can not completely stop your dog, but I hope it will help you.

Tip 1: There is always the danger that your dog chews. One of the safest methods is to keep things out of the reach of your dogs. If you can not reach it, you can not chew it;). However, this can be difficult as your dog can and wants to chew everything and you can not hold anything in the air.

Tip 2: If you do not want to hide everything from your dog, you can always teach him what is good and what is not. Obviously, he only chews because he thinks he's fine. So if you tell him he's not feeling well, he will not do it anymore. Do not spend hundreds of dollars on a dog handler to prevent a dog from chewing, as e-books and online classes can teach you everything you need. I'll go into that later on.

Tip # 3 - This is more of a "no tip". I would like to say that this should not be done, what I see too many people. I've already talked about it, but I think I should talk a bit more about it. Never hire a personal trainer! It was my first course when I tried to keep my dog ​​from chewing, but after three hours my dog ​​ALWAYS chewed and it cost me hundreds of dollars!

Visit my blog, where you'll find this lesson on how to stop dog chewing. You'll see some examples of things you can do today, right now, to teach this potentially life-saving skill to your dog.


References:
https://getfreedogtraining.com/how-to-stop-a-dog-from-chewing-everything/

No comments: